Post Treatment Instructions
Most people do well and recover quickly after appointments for fillings or crowns. Here are some things to keep in mind during the post treatment period:
- Eat soft foods while you are still numb from the anesthetic, in order to prevent injury to the tissues surrounding the filling.
- Continue soft foods for the first day after treatment, while the filling fully sets.
- Cold sensitivity is normal, usually continuing for no more than two weeks. Some people experience cold sensitivity for a longer period.
- There may be minimal sensitivity, usually in the surrounding tissues, for 1- 2 days following treatment.
- If your bite feels “off” after 2-4 days, call for an adjustment.
- If pain is extreme, throbbing, or keeps you awake, please call the office and we will arrange to see you. This reaction is rare and not typical.
CALL THE OFFICE WITH ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS (561-4047)